By attending this workshop participants will:
- Understand trauma and abuse, how common it is and how it often relates to current challenges with relationships, self-esteem, health, wellbeing and other life issues
- Learn about their strengths, the ways they coped in childhood, are coping now and explore possible changes in the future
- Understand more about the brain, the biology of stress, and triggers with tips on how to recognise and manage them better
- Explore strategies to help manage their emotions and levels of arousal
- Learn where to go to find help, how to care for themselves, interact in healthy ways with loved ones and others, and explore possibilities for recovery
Workshops are educational rather than therapy; it focuses on safety, self-care and support. While there is some group discussion during the workshop, there is no obligation to speak and participants are not encouraged to share their stories.